The mission of the Sacred Heart Center is to serve as a hub for Richmond’s Latino community that opens opportunities for economic and social integration, family success and community leadership.
Our three focus areas are to:
- Open educational opportunities for adults
- Prepare a first generation of Americans for success, and
- Build a hub that brings people together, celebrates Latino culture, and facilitates access to services.
We also strive to build capacity for organizational growth to reach more people in our service area.
Our strategies are to:
- Create a welcoming and supportive environment that builds relationships, addresses basic needs and counters the effects of isolation in the Latino community.
- Offer adults a ladder of educational opportunities ranging from basic literacy to high school equivalency.
- Support families at key intervention points to help their children succeed (i.e. early childhood, high school, summer vacation).
- Foster the development of grassroots leaders and community advocates.
- Promote opportunities for intercultural understanding.
- Collaborate in active partnership with other organizations in the Greater Richmond community.
- Build capacity for organizational growth to reach more people in our service area.