Sacred Heart Center serves as a hub for a variety of activities serving the Latino Community. Thanks to our many collaborative partners, “hub” activities range from a daily food bank to support groups to a monthly medical clinic.
- Bainbridge Ministry Food Bank is open 9:15 am to 12 pm, Monday to Friday.
- Sacred Heart Center has its own Community Garden. Find out what’s growing here.
Health and wellness
- Bilingual help with applications for FAMIS/Medicaid (free health insurance) for children or pregnant women or assistance renewing coverage on Thursdays from 9:30 am – 3:30 pm in partnership with the Virginia Health Care Foundation. Call Norma Ryan at (804) 955-9578 for an appointment.
- Counseling for Adults and Families – available on site on Wednesdays through a partnership with Commonwealth Catholic Charities
- Bon Secours Care-a-Van offers a free bilingual medical clinic on site at least once a month.
- Grupo Gaviotas is a support group for families of children with autism. They meet monthly on the 4th Wednesday at 10am.
- Alcoholics Anonymous – spanish-speaking group meets Monday, Wednesday and Fridays at 8:00pm
Immigration & Tax Services
- The Mexican Consulate comes a few times a year. Call the consulate for an appointment. The next time they will come is December 14-16, 2016.
- MetroCash – offers free bilingual tax preparation services once or twice a week during tax season (Feb to April)