Position: Bus driver
Closing date for receipt of application: Two weeks from date of posting
Salary: Commensurate with experience, part-time position, 1-2 afternoons/evenings per week during the week. Occasional opportunity for weekend hours for special field trips.
About Sacred Heart Center
The mission of the Sacred Heart Center is to serve as a hub for Richmond’s Latino community that opens opportunities for economic and social integration, family success and community leadership. Our key organizational priorities are:
- Open Educational and Economic Opportunities for Adults
- Prepare Latino families and first generation Americans for success
- Build a hub for the Richmond Area’s Latino community that brings people together, celebrates Latino culture, and facilitates access to services
- Build capacity for organizational growth to reach more people in our service area.
Bus Drivers will provide safe transportation to and from program sites while maintaining a supportive and positive atmosphere. Bus Drivers are responsible for conducting themselves in an appropriate manner, and setting a positive example for children, parents and co-workers.
The Bus Driver will have the following primary responsibilities:
GENERAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Drives bus safely according to SHC policies and procedures and state laws.
- Completes thorough before-and-after trip checks each day and record all information.
- Records gas level, mileage, and maintenance on designated forms, when necessary.
- Makes sure bus is clean at the end of a trip.
- Promotes safety at all times by keeping first aid supplies fully stocked.
- Ensures that bus rules are announced and followed.
- Develops friendly and positive relationships among staff, volunteers, parents, and children. Communicates regularly with other staff members and supervisor.
- Comply with all emergency procedures appropriate to the bus and in conformity with procedures adopted by emergency service authorities to ensure the safety of the children and staff
- Consistently demonstrate positive interaction with all children and adults; talk to them and treat them with dignity and respect
Experience and Attributes:
Ideal candidates for this position will share our commitment to open opportunities for economic and social integration, family success and community leadership for Richmond’s Latino community, and have related experience, including:
- HS Diploma or General Equivalent Diploma
- Possess Virginia driver’s license
- Knowledge of the rules/guidelines related to passenger vehicles (bus).
- To keep confidences, loyalties and practice professionalism.
- Be reliable and dependable.
- Able to drive safely and within the required posted speed limit.
- Possess a valid license, current insurance, and a clean driving record; able to pass a defensive driving course.
- Work a flexible schedule to meet program staffing/planning needs.
- Bilingual in Spanish and English preferred.
- Exercise mature judgment and sound decision making.
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Ability to safely drive a bus for short/long periods of time.
- Ability to respond to emergency situations.
- Visual and auditory ability to identify and respond to environmental and other hazards related to the activity.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume by email to:
Sacred Heart Center