Sacred Heart Center seeks a Part-Time Development/Communications Coordinator to assist in all aspects of fundraising, communications, and marketing. This part-time position reports to the Director of Development.
SHC connects Latino families with tools to thrive and flourish. Our work manifests through: A continuum of educational opportunities for adults, innovative programs for youth and children, and strategic partnerships to meet community needs. We envision a Richmond community that actively embraces each other in our shared humanity.
Sacred Heart Center seeks a Development/Communications Coordinator to assist in all aspects of fundraising, communications, and marketing. This part-time position reports to the Director of Development. The Coordinator will maintain donor records, acknowledge donations, and prepare correspondence regarding the organization and its programs. The Coordinator will also assist with external communications of the organization. We are looking for an ethical, detail-oriented person to handle administrative tasks and play a central role in our prompt, personal acknowledgment of donations.
- Support all aspects of an annual development plan that includes goals, work plans, timelines, and donor cultivation.
- Coordinator is primary point person for updating, adding and maintaining donor and constituent records in the database
- Update and maintain accurate contribution receipts in database
- Ensure all gifts and pledges are processed and acknowledged accurately and promptly
- Maintain accurate donor records including ongoing database maintenance and clean-up projects to improve data integrity and database performance
- Communicate as needed with external constituents
- Assist with creation of donor lists and other gift queries and reports
- Maintain all donation-related paperwork and organized filing systems
- Assist with coordination of annual fund mail appeals
- Provide support and coordination for development events
- Perform other related development duties as assigned
- Create and distribute bi-monthly eNewsletter, working with the SHC staff for story input and approval/edits
- Work with SHC team to coordinate social media strategy and outreach
- Work with SHC team to develop and design external brochures, documents, and flyers
- Assist with other external and internal communications duties as needed
Keys to Success:
- 100% follow-through
• Customer service orientation, and ability to connect with people from different cultures
• Attention to detail
• Positive attitude, solution-focused, and flexibility
Experience and Attributes:
Ideal candidates for this position will share our commitment to our mission and to our values of compassion, inclusion, equity, and collaboration, and have related experience, including:
- Some college course work or related experience, Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Bilingual in Spanish and English, bicultural
- Superior organizational skills and attention to detail
- Self-starter and highly motivated
- Highly organized, analytical, IT-competent – proficient in Microsoft Office programs
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with exceptional attention to details, a strong customer service focus, excellent follow-up, and an ability to work with diverse groups in a courteous and professional manner
- Ability to work independently and achieve goals
- Strong problem-solving and project management skills
- 2-3 years’ experience in development preferred
- Knowledge of Bloomerang preferred
- Ability to perform several tasks concurrently, time management and organizational skills
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a commitment to and passion for SHC’s mission
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to collaborate with others
This is a part-time, hourly position. The work week is typically 25 hours; however, the candidate may occasionally need to work as needed to meet project timelines. There are several events throughout the year that occur on evenings or weekends that the candidate must attend.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter, resume, and 3 references by email to:
Elaine Hinckle, Sacred Heart Center, at Elaine_Hinckle@shcrichmond.org