Sacred Heart Center
Position: Children’s Program Lead Facilitator
Salary: Commensurate with experience, part-time position, scheduled for approximately 10 hours per week.
About Sacred Heart Center
SHC connects Latino families with tools to thrive and flourish. Our work manifests through: A continuum of educational opportunities for adults, innovative programs for youth and children, and strategic partnerships to meet community needs. We envision a Richmond community that actively embraces each other in our shared humanity.
The Children’s Program Lead Facilitator is to provide appropriate developmental care and instruction for child and youth ranging from 18 mo to 4 years old in one or more of the children’s programs at the Sacred Heart Center.
The Children’s Program Lead Facilitator will have the following primary responsibilities:
Plan and implement activities for children
- Provides care and supervision, oversight, and accountability for program participants.
- Develops schedules and activity plans, ensures that program plans and activities incorporate the observed needs of individual children and youth.
- Demonstrates, instructs, leads and facilitates planned and spontaneous program activities.
- Uses prepared curriculum and program materials.
- Meet the physical, social, emotional and intellectual needs of each child during the program.
- Helps arrange for and/or serve appropriate snacks or meals where applicable.
- Incorporates special instructions provided by parents such as special dietary needs, physical needs, or other information that may affect the child or youth’s experience in the program.
- Maintains control of and accounts for whereabouts and safety of children and youth ranging in age from 18 months to 4 years.
- Ensures children and youth (as applicable) depart with authorized person according to written parental instructions.
- Monitors the safe and appropriate use of equipment and facilities by the children and youth.
- Helps establish a program environment that promotes positive interactions with other children, youth, and adults.
- Interacts with children and youth using approved child guidance and youth development techniques as provided by supervisors.
Assist with Program Support/Administration/Evaluation
- Provides parents with daily verbal or written feedback about their child/youth or program activities.
- Participates in program evaluation as required, by completing all required reports as designated by funding sources.
- Performs appropriate outreach with families, such as phone calls or other administrative tasks to encourage participation
- Works as part of a team with other SHC staff to accomplish overall organizational goals
Keys to Success:
- 100% follow-through
- Customer service orientation, and ability to connect with children and families
- High motivation to provide a safe environment for children
- Positive attitude, solution-focused, and flexibility
Experience and Attributes:
Ideal candidates for this position will share our commitment to our mission and to our values of compassion, inclusion, equity, and collaboration, and have related experience, including:
- Applicants must possess a high school diploma or GED certificate. Associates or Bachelors preferred. Preferred candidates will also have at least two years’ related work experience and/or completed a minimum of two Early Childhood Education Courses at an accredited institution.
- Applicants must be 18 years of age at the time of appointment and must have the physical ability to lift and carry up to 40 pounds, walk, bend, and stand/stoop on a routine basis.
- Must satisfactorily complete mandatory training as specified and demonstrate competency within required timeframes.
- Prior experience with children and/or youth is preferred.
- Ability to connect with others and forge strong relationships, especially children
- Bilingual in Spanish and English, bicultural
- Exemplary record of strong communication skills and customer service focus, excellent follow-up, and an ability to work with diverse groups in a courteous and professional manner
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, and to occasionally work on evenings or weekends is necessary.
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a commitment to and passion for SHC’s mission
- Ability to collaborate with others
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume by email to:
Claudia Guerrero Barrera
Sacred Heart Center