Sacred Heart Center
Position: Satellite Center Coordinator
Salary: Commensurate with experience, full-time position with full benefits
About Sacred Heart Center
SHC connects Latino families with tools to thrive and flourish. Our work manifests through: A continuum of educational opportunities for adults, innovative programs for youth and children, and strategic partnerships to meet community needs. We envision a Richmond community that actively embraces each other in our shared humanity.
The Satellite Center Coordinator is responsible for overseeing and administering Sacred Heart Center’s satellite location(s) and/or activities and programs at satellite sites. This position plays an integral role in ensuring that our satellite operations run smoothly and are successfully aligning with the Sacred Heart Center’s mission and identity.
The Satellite Center Coordinator will have the following primary responsibilities:
Plan, implement, and administer programs and activities at SHC satellite location(s)
- Oversee SHC Satellite Center(s) programs, activities and events, working with core staff of SHC, volunteers, and community partners, as appropriate.
- Identify the need the program or activity will address; determine target audience for program; oversee program implementation; involve key community leaders and organizations; monitor timelines and goals; review program marketing and advertising efforts; and allocate resources accordingly.
- Work with SHC core staff to plan new programming, as appropriate, and with allocated resources.
- Schedule classes, registrations, activities, programs and volunteers as required in the satellite location(s), and working with community partners; collect registration fees; provide information to program participants.
- Serve as a representative of SHC to the public and as a go-to resource at the SHC Satellite Center(s) for individuals and families that ask questions about overall SHC services and general community services.
- Monitor and evaluate the quality, responsiveness, efficiency and effectiveness of SHC Satellite Center(s) programs and services, and work with employees on continuous improvement.
- Maintain and develop reports, including databases, concerning new or ongoing programs and program effectiveness; maintain and file SHC Satellite Center(s) reports for program and grant requirements; and prepare statistical reports, as required.
- Leverage resources from community partners that support the SHC Satellite Center(s) programs.
- Connect with partner agencies to foster community development and to coordinate services. Collaborate with other partner agencies that may be cohoused at the SHC satellite location(s); and attend networking events and meetings, as appropriate, to increase outreach for the SHC Satellite Center(s).
- Provide direct supervision to SHC staff and volunteers that directly administer programs at the SHC Satellite Center(s).
- Train volunteer and staff teachers and tutors at the SHC Satellite Center(s), following current trends in education and human services.
- Support instructors, volunteers, and students’ needs to ensure better program outcomes.
- Monitor the safe use of equipment and facilities.
- Provide input regarding the SHC Satellite location(s) programs budget into the organizational budget process.
- Ensure that all programs, activities, and volunteers are implemented and operating according to relevant policies and procedures.
Assist with Administration/Program Support
- Train and supervise administrative volunteers at the SHC Satellite Center(s).
- Support other Center educational programs on an as needed basis.
- Support additional administrative needs of SHC Satellite Center(s) on an as needed basis.
- Work as part of a team with other SHC staff to accomplish overall organizational goals.
Keys to Success:
- 100% follow-through
- Customer service orientation, and ability to connect with adults and families
- Attention to detail
- Positive attitude, solution-focused, and flexibility
Experience and Attributes:
Ideal candidates for this position will share our commitment to our mission and to our values of compassion, inclusion, equity, and collaboration, and have related experience, including:
- Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum two years’ experience in a human service organization; educational background and/or experience preferred
- Ability to connect with others and forge strong relationships
- Bilingual and bicultural in Spanish and English
- Highly organized, analytical, IT-competent – proficient in Microsoft Office programs
- Ability to perform several tasks concurrently, time management and organizational skills
- Ability to organize and maintain detailed records; complete necessary paperwork and meet deadlines
- Self-starter and highly motivated; able to work effectively with little supervision
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with exceptional attention to details, a strong customer service focus, excellent follow-up, and an ability to work with diverse groups in a courteous and professional manner
- Ability to work independently and achieve goals
- Strong problem-solving and project management skills
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a commitment to and passion for SHC’s mission
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to collaborate with others
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume by email to:
Claudia Guerrero Barrera
Director of Programs
Sacred Heart Center