Position: Outreach & Community Initiatives Program Assistant
Salary: Commensurate with experience, part-time position, 20-25 hours per week
About Sacred Heart Center
SHC connects Latino families with tools to thrive and flourish. Our work manifests through: A continuum of educational opportunities for adults, innovative programs for youth and children, and strategic partnerships to meet community needs. We envision a Richmond community that actively embraces each other in our shared humanity.
The Outreach & Community Initiatives Program Assistant (O&CIA) is responsible for supporting Sacred Heart Center outreach and community partnerships with area organizations, and provides assistance & logistical support to achieve mutual goals so that events and services run smoothly and efficiently. This position reports to the Outreach and Community Initiatives Coordinator.
The Outreach & Community Initiatives Program Assistant will have the following primary responsibilities:
- Assist with promotion and outreach of Center events to the larger community
- Assist with operational support through arranging event logistics for community hub events and services, including but not limited to: responding to space requests, scheduling rooms & resources needed for partner events, maintaining the events calendar, informing SHC staff about events, and other related tasks.
- Identify outreach events in the Metro Richmond area where SHC should have a presence, register SHC at designated events, coordinate SHC staff participation for the events, and prepare handout materials needed for distribution at outreach events. When needed, represent SHC at outreach events.
- Collect data from partners as to services provided and numbers of people served.
- Coordinate internal communication about community events, including resource areas, TV monitor, bulletins, etc.
Assist with Administration/Program Support
- Support additional administrative needs of office on an as needed basis.
- Assist in developing organizational tools to improve the organizational infrastructure of the Community Initiatives Portfolio
- Work as part of a team with other SHC staff to accomplish overall organizational goals
Keys to Success:
- 100% follow-through
- Customer service orientation
- Attention to detail
- Positive attitude, solution-focused, and flexibility
Experience and Attributes:
Ideal candidates for this position will share our commitment to our mission and to our values of compassion, inclusion, equity, and collaboration, and have related experience, including:
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- A minimum two years’ experience in a human service organization
- Experience in Community Outreach, Communications & Marketing
- Preferred collage degree in related field
- Bilingual and bicultural in Spanish and English
- Ability to connect with others
- Highly organized, analytical, IT-competent – proficient in Microsoft Office programs
- Ability to perform several tasks concurrently, time management and organizational skills
- Ability to organize and maintain detailed records; complete necessary paperwork and meet deadlines
- Self-starter and highly motivated
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with exceptional attention to details, a strong customer service focus, excellent follow-up, and an ability to work with diverse groups in a courteous and professional manner
- Ability to work independently and achieve goals
- Strong problem-solving and project management skills
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a commitment to and passion for SHC’s mission
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to collaborate with others
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume by email to:
Outreach and Community Initiatives Coordinator
Sacred Heart Center