To implement and deliver an engaging, appropriate, and quality curriculum for GED language arts adult students, in Spanish. This position reports to the Adult Education Programs Coordinator.
- Teach consistently high quality lessons.
- Prepare and submit lesson plans for the class at least a week in advance to the Adult Education Program Coordinator.
- Use technology to deliver online, engaging classes while in the virtual model.
- When physical classes resume, arrive early to be able to prepare the classroom, materials & lesson plans.
- Attend welcome meeting with students on the first day of class, held at SHC.
Assessment, Feedback and Tracking:
- Document and give written/verbal and diagnostic feedback as required.
- Assess, record and report on the attendance, progress, development and attainment of students and to keep such records as are required.
- Talk with fellow teachers and SHC staff about any problems or challenges that occur.
- Call students that aren’t attending class to find out why or let staff know which students to call.
- Keep lesson plans, progress notes & attendance in the class binders.
- Attend weekly GED team meetings, meetings with GED Lead Teacher as needed.
Student Support and Progress:
- Promote the general progress and well-being of individual students in the class.
- Work with students to ensure that they are prepared to take and pass the GED subject matter test.
- Assist students in registering for their GED exam and maintain a list of the students with their exam date and their outcome.
- Work towards student retention at least 80% or above.
- Work to ensure that students indicate they are satisfied or highly satisfied with their experience in this course.
Keys to Success:
- 100% follow-through
- Engaging classroom teaching skills
- Customer service orientation, and ability to connect with diverse adult students
- Positive attitude, solution-focused, and flexibility
Experience and Attributes:
Ideal candidates for this position will share our commitment to our mission and to our values of compassion, inclusion, equity, and collaboration, and have related experience, including:
- Bachelor’s Degree. Bachelor’s or Master’s in Education preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, at a native Spanish speaking level
- Ability to collaborate with others
- Teaching experience, especially teaching GED
- Experience working in multicultural environments
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a commitment to and passion for SHC’s mission
Schedule: Monday/Wednesday 5:45 to 9:15 pm. Classes are 6 – 9 pm. Pay will also include one hour of preparation per class.
Please send your resumé and cover letter to: email@example.com