The After School Program Facilitator will provide appropriate academic and social-emotional support for children and youth ranging from 4 to 12 years old enrolled in Kids of the Corazón, Sacred Heart Center’s after school enrichment program for the children of parents in our adult education classes.
The After School Program Facilitator will have the following primary responsibilities:
Provides care and supervision, oversight and accountability for program participants.
- Coordinates, prepares, leads and supervises all program plans, students, and volunteers and ensures that program plans and activities incorporate the program objectives and the observed needs of individual children and youth.
- Meets the physical, social, emotional, and intellectual needs of each child during the program.
- Helps establish a program environment that promotes positive interactions with other children, youth, and adults.
- Interacts with children and youth using approved child guidance and youth development techniques as provided by supervisors.
- Helps arrange for and/or serve appropriate snacks or meals where applicable, taking into consideration special dietary needs, physical needs, or other information that may affect the child or youth’s experience in the program..
- Follows all safety and security protocols, such as children and youth whereabouts, food safety, hygienic protocols, and departure protocols.
- Monitors the safe and appropriate use of equipment and facilities by the children and youth.
Assist with Program Support/Administration/Evaluation
- Provides parents with daily verbal or written feedback about their child/youth or program activities.
- Participates in program evaluation as required, by completing all required reports as designated by funding sources.
- Performs appropriate weekly outreach with families, such as phone calls or other administrative tasks to encourage participation.
- Works as part of a team with other SHC staff to accomplish overall organizational goals.
Keys to Success
Customer service orientation, and ability to connect with children and families
High motivation to provide a safe environment for children Positive attitude, solution-focused, and flexibility
Experience and Attributes
Ideal candidates for this position will share our commitment to our mission and to our values of compassion, inclusion, equity, and collaboration, and have related experience, including:
- Bilingual in Spanish and English, bicultural.
- Applicants must possess a high school diploma or GED certificate. Associates or Bachelors preferred.
- Applicants must be 18 years of age at the time of appointment and must have the physical ability to lift and carry up to 40 pounds, walk, bend, and stand/stoop on a routine basis.
- Must satisfactorily complete mandatory training as specified and demonstrate competency within required timeframes.
- Prior experience with children and/or youth is preferred.
- Ability to connect with others and forge strong relationships, especially children.
- Exemplary record of strong communication skills and customer service focus, excellent follow-up, and an ability to work with diverse groups in a courteous and professional manner.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, and to work occasional weekends, is necessary.
Schedule: 14 hours per week; Mondays and Wednesdays 5:30-9:30pm, and Tuesdays and Thursdays 5:30-8:30pm.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume by email to: Elizabeth Solano, MSW
Youth Programs Coordinator
Sacred Heart Center