Position: Bilingual Career Navigator
Closing date for receipt of applicatio : Open until filled
Salary: Commensurate with experience, full-time with benefits
The Bilingual Career Navigator will serve as a vital pillar in the Family Support Program, within the Outreach and Community Initiatives portfolio at Sacred Heart Center. This new position will provide individualized, culturally-affirming case management to enhance the ability of Latino individuals to identify and pursue their employment-related goals and will work very closely with our Bilingual Financial Resources Navigator to help participants achieve long-term financial stability. The Bilingual Career Navigator will work directly with individuals and families and will provide career planning support, entrepreneurship planning, workforce development coaching, help with navigation of educational, training, and job opportunity searches, and assist with educational and job applications and entrepreneurship-based paperwork.
The Bilingual Career Navigator will have the following primary responsibilities:
Provide career planning support and workforce development coaching to program participants
- Conduct in-person and phone outreach, screening, and intake to determine eligibility in the program
- Assess participants’ needs and barriers, and identify internal and external resources and services that can address the needs and overcome the barriers
- Empower and assist program participants in developing an individualized career plan, and facilitate access to resources and services that will help participants achieve their goals
- Conduct strengths and skills assessments for participants
- Provide individual and group coaching and workshops on job readiness skills
- Collaborate and communicate with participants to monitor individualized plans of action and assess progress towards goals; document all communications and encounters with participants
Connect participants to educational, training, and job opportunities
- Work with the Adult Education team to identify current students who may benefit from career navigation; connect program participants who are not current Adult Education students to SHC educational offerings such as GED and English classes that may help them achieve their career goals
- Connect participants to educational advancement, training, and certification opportunities
- Assist participants in conducting educational- and employment-related searches and in applying for all opportunities they are interested in and eligible for
- Collaborate with partners to provide education and job fairs and recruitment events
- Build and maintain relationships with community and four-year colleges, trades schools, businesses, employment agencies, and non-profit workforce alliances
- Work collaboratively with organizations and start-up and small business incubators to promote entrepreneurship support and opportunities
- Prepare reports as required by funders, for internal use, and for impact evaluation
- Work in partnership with other staff of the Family Support Program to develop and implement a culturally relevant and affirming financial literacy, digital literacy, and workforce development curriculum that aligns with Sacred Heart Center values
- Facilitate the delivery of a driver’s license exam prep class biannually at Sacred Heart Center, either in collaboration with other organizations, recruiting volunteers to teach it, or teaching it yourself
- This is a new position for a new component of the Family Support Program, and other tasks may be assigned as the program is developed
Keys to Success
Very detailed and well-organized; strong multi-tasking ability Culturally affirming customer service orientation
Positive attitude, solution-focused, flexibility
Experience and Attributes
Ideal candidates for this position will share our commitment to our mission and to our values of compassion, inclusion, equity, and collaboration, and have related experience, including:
- Bilingual in Spanish and English required. Bicultural preferred.
- Bachelor’s or Associate’s Degree and a minimum of two years’ experience in a customer-focused field or services/benefits navigation and coordination role with proven experience advocating for families.
- Highly organized, analytical, IT-competent – proficient in Microsoft Office programs, the Google work suite, Apricot case management software, and ability to learn new programs as needed.
- Ability to organize and maintain detailed records, including case notes, complete necessary paperwork, and meet deadlines.
- Exemplary record of strong communication and interpersonal skills and customer service focus, excellent follow-up, and an ability to work with individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences in a courteous and professional manner.
- Ability to connect with others and forge strong relationships.
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a commitment to and passion for SHC’s mission and values.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume by email to:
Julia Cramer, Coordinator of Outreach and Community Initiatives Programs
Sacred Heart Center