Position: Receptionist/Intake Specialist
Closing date for receipt of application: Open until filled
Salary: Commensurate with experience, full-time with benefits
The Receptionist is an initial welcoming contact with visitors to the Sacred Heart Center during weekly business hours and will address or refer calls and inquiries to the appropriate staff person. In addition, the Receptionist will supply information to individuals inquiring and assist with administrative duties as assigned.
The Receptionist will have the following primary responsibilities:
- Offer a friendly, professional, and compassionate first impression of the Sacred Heart Center to individuals visiting, seeking services, or seeking assistance, either in-person or via telephone
- Respond to phone calls and voicemails; provide pertinent information and/or refer to appropriate staff; take messages when necessary
- Assist with intake and outreach phone calls including, but not limited to, scheduling food pantry, vaccination clinic, tax site, and class registration appointments
- Assist with entering client information into database and case management system (Apricot)
- Work in collaboration with Sacred Heart Parish staff to monitor door camera and open door for visitors, greet and welcome visitors, address their inquiries, and direct or refer to appropriate staff
- Opening the building and preparing it for the day; assisting with set up for board meetings, other special meetings and events
- Assist staff and/or volunteers with making copies and receiving money/making receipts, as needed
Keys to Success:
- 100% follow-through
- Very well-organized and strong multi-tasking ability
- High customer service orientation, and ability work with diverse constituencies
- Attention to detail
- Positive attitude, solution-focused, and flexibility
Experience and Attributes:
Ideal candidates for this position will share our commitment to our mission and to our values of compassion, inclusion, equity, and collaboration, and have related experience, including:
- Bilingual in Spanish and English required. Bicultural preferred.
- High school graduate or equivalent. Associate’s degree or above preferred.
- Exemplary record of strong communication skills, customer service focus, confidentiality, excellent follow-up, and an ability to work with diverse groups in a courteous and professional manner.
- Empathy; ability to connect and collaborate with others and forge strong relationships.
- Proficient in multiline telephone systems, Microsoft Office, Google Suite, and Apricot database management software, and the willingness to learn other software programs as needed.
- Highly organized, able to perform several tasks concurrently and work in a fast-paced environment, excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a commitment to and passion for SHC’s mission.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume by email to:
Carolina Lugo, Director of Programs
Sacred Heart Center