Position: Casa Lápiz Program Facilitator
Closing date for receipt of application: Two weeks from date of posting
Salary: Commensurate with experience, part-time position, approximately 5-7 hours per week
The Casa Lápiz Program Facilitator is responsible for preparing, administering and implementing the Casa Lápiz program at Sacred Heart Center. Casa Lápiz is an art-based program centered on community healing and amplifying Latinx youth identity for middle school students. This is a year-round position that reports to the Youth Programs Coordinator.
The Casa Lápiz Program Facilitator will have the following primary responsibilities:
Plan and implement activities for Casa Lápiz program
- Coordinate, prepare, and supervise Casa Lápiz curriculum, students, activities, and some special field trips, including communicating with presenters, volunteers, and students, and working with Youth Programs Coordinator to obtain all supplies and food as needed.
- Recruit, train, and supervise Casa Lápiz program volunteers, with support from Volunteer Engagement Coordinator and Youth Programs Coordinator.
- Works with Partner Teacher at partner school to conduct marketing, outreach, and recruitment of youth participants.
- Conduct weekly outreach to parents/guardians of student participants.
- Ensure all recordkeeping and administrative duties are completed on time, including, but not limited to, submitting accurate, complete registration and attendance information, obtaining, when necessary, parental support and consent for activities and field trips, collecting data, conducting evaluation measures, and keeping accurate financial records.
- Schedule transportation needs with the Youth Programs Coordinator to ensure students are picked up on time and taken back safely to their homes at the end of the program.
- Communicate weekly with Partner Teacher about session plans and to monitor students’ performance in school and facilitate wraparound services.
- Ensure that youth and youth organizations are aware of the Casa Lápiz program, in coordination with Youth Programs Coordinator.
- Prepare program reports for Casa Lápiz as designated by funding sources.
- Ensure that all Casa Lápiz activities and volunteer screening and onboarding are implemented and operating according to relevant policies and procedures.
- Attend team and all-staff meetings
- Support other Center youth programs on an as needed basis
- Support additional administrative needs of office on an as needed basis
- Work as part of a team with other SHC staff to accomplish overall organizational goals
Keys to Success:
- 100% follow-through
- Customer service orientation, and ability to connect with youth and families
- Attention to detail
- Positive attitude, solution-focused, and flexibility
Experience and Attributes:
Ideal candidates for this position will share our commitment to our mission and to our values of compassion, inclusion, equity, and collaboration, and have related experience, including:
- Bilingual in Spanish and English required; bicultural preferred.
- Minimum requirement: 4-6 years post high school work experience OR current college/university student in their Junior or Senior year; Preferred: Associate’s degree and a minimum two years experience in a human service organization OR bachelor’s degree.
- Experience as an artist, art teacher, or relevant experience with art in a variety of mediums (painting, pottery, photography, etc.)
- Ability to connect with others and forge strong relationships, especially with youth.
- Highly organized, analytical, IT-competent – proficient in Microsoft Office and Google Suite programs.
- Ability to perform several tasks concurrently, time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to organize and maintain detailed records; complete necessary paperwork and meet deadlines
- Exemplary record of strong communication skills and customer service focus, excellent follow-up, and an ability to work with diverse groups in a courteous and professional manner.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, and to work one to two afternoons/evenings a week and some Saturdays is necessary.
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a commitment to and passion for SHC’s mission.
- Ability to collaborate with others.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume by email to:
Elizabeth Solano, LMSW
Youth Programs Coordinator
Sacred Heart Center